News of her death brings sadness that is unimaginable. Chris Bearchell passed away at 7:40 am on Sunday, the 18th of February at Vancouver General Hospital at the age of 53. We had been in the hospital since Monday, February 5 due to kidney failure and other complications caused by several large blood clots in her leg and lungs. We sincerely thank the staff in the Acute Medicine Ward, Emergency and the Palliative Care Unit for their compassion and expert care of our dear friend and comrade
Last updated: October 23, 2008
- Memorial Services for Chris Bearchell List of events dedicated to the memories Chris Bearchell.
- Quote from Irit Shimrat March 9, 2007.
- Note from David Findlay March 8, 2007.
- BEARCHELL, Christine Louise (PDF: BEARCHELL.PDF) Andy Sorfleet, March 7, 2007.
- Chris Bearchell: Fierce Activist, Writer, Editor, Organizer By Andrew Sorfleet, February 28, 2007.
- Remarks in Honour of Chris Bearchell By Caroll Holland, read at the memorial service in Ottawa, February 26, 2007.
- Note from Deb Waddington February 20, 2007.
- Chris Bearchell, 53: Activist She was Canada's rabble-rouser for gay rights By Noreen Shanahan, Globe and Mail, Friday, April 27, 2007
- Goodbye to a queer pioneer: Chris Bearchell dies surrounded by her chosen family By Annie Smith, Xtra! West, Thursday, March 1, 2007
- In Brief: Activist Chris Bearchell dies at age 53 Xtra!, Thursday, March 1, 2007
- Chris Bearchell 1952-2007 NOW Magazine, March 1-7, 2007
More on Chris Bearchell
World-Wide Web References