Remembering Fiona Stewart
Listing last updated: March 6, 1999
- Fiona Photo Album.
- Fiona Speaks at Take Back the Night, in Toronto, October, 1994?. Photos by Konnie Reich.
- Dedication Ceremony in memory of Fiona Mary Stewart, 1962-1996, Saturday, May 30, 1998. Robin Gardner Voce Non-Profit homes.
- Interview on CKLN: Nora Currie and Lorraine Katryan, October 12, 1997.
- Press Release: A demand of the Police Services board to observe a moment of silence in memory of Fiona Stewart, November 13, 1996. This respect was paid at the December 11 evening meeting of the Police Services Board.
Fiona's Housing Activism
From the Memorial
Notices about Fiona's death
- Let's not forget this anonymous fighter for justice, Rosie DiManno, Toronto Star, October 26, 1996
"I don't want to sound sanctimonious. But I didn't think I could live with myself, ethically, if I stayed silent. It was haunting me." -- Miss Jane Doe,
- Stewart, Fiona Mary. Toronto Star, November 8, 1996
"Suddenly, at home on Saturday, October 19, 1996 of natural causes. She was 34. Fiona will be remembered by her chosen family and friends as a highly respected, courageous advocate for accessible housing and victim rights for those on the margins of society."